Ummm Zumba!


I have been trying to get into shape so I joined the YMCA! My buddy Bryan and I have been trying to do the spinning classes on somewhat of a regular basis...but yesterday I saw that there was an interesting class that I thought would be fun! It was called Zumba, and I thought that it was a dancing class, little did I know that it was a "Make Adam Look Like an Idiot Class!"

The instructor walks up to me before class starts and says "Hi, I'm Cindy, didn't I see you at this class before?" Of course I started laughing a lot and said "Yeah no!" She was a white lady who seemed nice so I thought that there would be no harm in trying out this latin inspired class. (If you have never seen or heard of ZUMBA youtube it right now!!)

I was completely wrong this little white lady could move her hips and shake her body like a persian belly dancer and the entire class was made up of 15 women and two men. The other man was close to 70 and just sort of made circles with his arms in the air thinking he was totally dancing! For those of you that know me, you understand that I take dancing very very seriously! ha ha ha So I was trying as hard as I could to get all the steps just right as I moved around the floor but everyone seemed to know the routine except me!!

I kept staring at the instructors feet and legs trying to know what I was doing wrong as I kept tripping over my awkward asic tennis shoes! Everytime I would look at her legs though she would turn around and look at me and I would make eye contact with her and then my face would turn to sheer horror as I was sure she thought I was checking her out!! I was too exhausted and beaten down to check anyone out! They started doing these jumping dancing lunge things across the length of the room and I felt like a ballerina who hit his head too many times and I just stopped right in the middle of it and laughed out loud for like 5 minutes. The reason why I laughed was because there were huge mirrors right in front of me and all I could see was this portly fellow jumping in the air while trying to look somewhat cool! ha ha ha

The whole experience was quite awkward and the instructor came up afterwards and said..."you did great...seems like you have had some salsa training in your background?!" I almost at that moment ran away like a 5 year old kid! So I told her "Well I was in the salsa club in college!" And she looked at me as if she had been joking all along...So I told her how dumb I had felt in there and she said that after 3 times I should have it down pat...I wonder if I will give it that many more times to see if I have improved. It wouldn't have been so bad if the class that was to follow ours (The super studly and hot lady kickboxing class) wasn't waiting just outside our doors which were wide open looking at all of us and pointing while they giggled! Stupid good looking college kids! ha ha ha Ah well whatever...at least as I get older I can still shake my hips better then a retiree!

0 comments: